Friday, January 17, 2014

Turkey Barley Meatloaf

This meatloaf is one of my favorites! It is healthy and filling. This Weight Watchers recipe serves 6, so I make it in a muffin pan! This way, I know I am getting the exact portion. They cook in the same amount of time as the whole loaf. Give it a try! For the sides, I make Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" and lentils.  Instead of the plain cream cheese for the cauliflower mash, I use low fat chive cream cheese. I was always afraid of lentils. I thought they were very gritty and tasteless. I saute some finely chopped onion and carrots, then add garlic to it. Then, I add the cooked lentils and toss.


So far my journey to better eating has been going well! With a little effort, it's really easy to find healthier alternatives to some of my favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment