Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, Better ME

I love how a New Year has the promise of new beginnings. I hope that this year brings them to me. I know that I am the only one who can make that happen and I am determined to do so! My resolution is to just focus on bettering myself mentally and physically. I am not going on a DIET..since they don't work! I need to focus on just eating better and making better choices. A co-worker of mine posted a quote on Facebook that clicked with me. Before eating something, it basically says "Will this help my body or hurt my body." I will do my best to remember that before I devour a plate of cookies! Another resolution is to get on here more often! I hope to post my progress on here and hear from others on the path to better health.

We are expecting over a foot of snow in the next 2 days! I should be used to snow living in New England, but I hate it! It's sure pretty to look at, but I just dislike driving in it.

Here is a pic from our last storm a couple weeks ago. My birdhouse looked so cute, but I sure hope the birdies inside were nice and cozy :)




 
Here are a couple from Xmas. The first one is the result of a tv commercial I saw. It showed these mason jars on a mantle with decorations inside. It's such a fun idea and so easy! I love they turned out and they look so nice with lights around them.
 

And a close-up of a table place setting.
 

I hope everyone had a great holiday and best wishes for a fabulous New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment