Monday, February 10, 2014

More snow and Leather Handle Tote

This Winter has not been kind to New England! We got hit with more snow last week. I just hate wasting my personal or vacation days for snow, so I was brave and drove in last Wednesday. I drive into Boston every day, which on a clear day with limited traffic, takes me no more than 45 minutes. I awoke to no snow, got dressed, and left to light snow. Not even 5 minutes later, I couldn't see and the roads were covered. It was scary, but I made it! The view from my office window was so pretty, yet the dread was building for the drive home!

I made it home safely :) By that time, the plows did their job and the snow had stopped.

I have been experimenting with rivets and leather straps. I just love how they make a bag look much more expensive and sturdy. For this tote, I used canvas from a vintage military duffle. I also re-purposed a leather belt I found at a thrift store. I just love the end result!



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment